Back in September and October I asked Kylee what she wanted for Christmas. Well the only thing she ever said right up until Christmas was that she wanted a "blue bathrobe". Easy enough right? WRONG!
I looked forever at every store I went to to find a dang blue bathrobe. While in Arizona my sister Michelle and I wandered around Walmart forever it seemed to find a stupid blue bathrobe. Ya, Never found one.
SO, While we were in Arizona I was telling my mom that Kylee wanted a blue bathrobe so bad. That next morning my mom came into the kitchen in her BLUE BATHROBE! Kylee about went into a coma. "Grandmother! That is the best blue bathrobe ever!" So that night my mom got online with Kylee and they found the "perfect blue blush princess bathrobe". We were up at Sols moms and I found a blue bathrobe at walmart with monkeys on it. So I thought hey we will try it. Its blue, she likes the monkeys at the zoo. So why not? (I also found a PURPLE one with candy on it for Chels-Purple is her all time favorite color, all her work at school if its not in pencil its in purple crayon. I have bought many boxes of crayons to replace the ONE stinkin purple crayon) I bring it home and her exact words were "but mom, I dont like monkeys, I want the one of Grandma Ivys Computer. Can we trade this one for the other one?" Ok fine!
When we got home from Arizona I got on Amazon and ordered it. I almost started crying and if Kodak wasnt so slow at sending me the dang cable for my camera so it could charge I would have took pictures. She was so excited! There arent words to express how much she loved and APPRECIATED her bathrobe. She put it on and wore it for a few minutes and then took it off and actually hung it up on her hook in her room by her bed. I asked her why she took it off if it was because she didnt like it much anymore or what. She said "mom, I just love it and I want to keep it nice and not ruined so I put it away." Ok SERIOUSLY?!? The kid is FIVE!
Her teacher just sent home report cards and hers said "Kylee is definately the little mommy of the class" and its true. She is definately a what my mom calls "an older spirit" LOVE YOU KYOO BAH!
Here are a few pictures of the girls tonight with thier robes on. (Chels got a Dora bathrobe for Christmas but also got the purple one so I made her give the Dora one to Emma since she didnt have one)
I also took all 3 of them to the dentist today for cleanings and NO CAVATIES! Emma even let them do the x-rays and everything no problems at all. The dentist is a total kid dentist where parents stay in the lobby. The kids watch T.V on the ceiling while the work is being done and have x-box's everywhere. My kids love going to the dentist.So I was really really impressed that Emma was fine the whole time and did everything from x-rays to brushing and flossing. She just turned 2 but I think maybe it was because she goes to the dr and e.r. frequently so shes used to it? I dont know but I sure am proud of all of them! I asked all of them to show me thier "pretty teeth" and these are the pics I got. Nice Emma, I know! :)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
The Story Of The Blue Bathrobe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Justin LOVES his new bathrobe he got for Christmas too. It must be a 5 year old thing!
Post a Comment