Monday, December 1, 2008

Motherhood

This past couple months for me as a Mother have been very challenging. In September Emma was diagnosed with Reactive Airway Disease or RAD. Its basically Asthma that they hope she will grow out of. They cant diagnose her properly until shes 5 or 6 so for now in order to treat her they say she as RAD-Totally Lame and Dumb, I know.

She has always had breathing issues, she got her first round of pnemonia when she was only 4 months old and every winter since has been rough. Croupe and pnemonia are a constant thing with her as well as E.R. visits during the middle of the night.

This past weekend (Saturday, Sunday, and Today) Emma has been to the dr twice and the E.R. once. She also has to go back on Wednesday AM. Why? My poor baby has Pnemonia, Pink eye, and an ear infection at the same time. They decided to go ahead and put her on an every day nebulizer medication called Respricort, an everyday allergy medication called Singular that should help with allergies and hope that it will help stop her severe flare-ups. On top of Albuterol treatments every 4-6 hours as needed. So as of this mintute every day she needs an Oral steroid, eye drops, strong antibiotics, and 2 different kinds of inhlaation meds for the nebulizer.
( me and emma. She was about 10 minutes old and I has in such a deep love already that she came out in only 2 pushes so my drugs hadnt worn off yet and I was falling asleep but didnt want to let her go so we just fell alseep together)
Thats just Emma.


Chelsea this past couple weeks has had this nasty cough that wont go away no matter what I do. So into the dr and you know it, Bronchittis. So steroids and breathing treatments for her as well! And Halloween weekend she had what everyone thought was appendix issues so we take her in and its a viral infection of almost everything in her abdomin.

(all of us at Chelseas birth. I felt everything and started going into labor at 11 PM and got to the hospital at 3:30 AM and she was born at 9:11 AM so I look like a mack truck had hit me and I sure felt like it too!)

And WHILE Chelsea was sick, Kylee had Strep and was out of school for almost a week! (Me with Kylee right after Kylee was born, I was starving, she was born at 11:29 at night and I hadnt eaten ANYTHING since 9 AM)

Well, What doesnt kill you makes you stronger, Right? So this is what I have learned thru this:

1. I am a LOT tougher than I ever knew or gave myself credit for. Only a tough mama could sit there and watch your babies get IVs misplaced and stuck 50 times with different testing sticks and getting x-rays and cat scans and shots the dr still have no idea what is wrong not come completly unglued at the seams. Not to mention the whole walking into your kids room at night and hear your youngest baby literally gasping for air and almost turning blue and driving to the E.R. hoping and praying that your baby will be ok. Did I mention that having her oxygen level that is supposed to be 100 be in the 60s? Ya not so fun!

2. If it is this hard being a parent of 3 kids and having to watch them go thru all this I can only imagine what Heavenly Father feels as he watches us here on earth making all the mistakes that we do.

3. I am so grateful for good drs (and even the not-so-good drs) who have helped all my babies during thier troubles and continue to work to find out whats wrong with them and how to help them.

4. Great friends and family are absolutely PRICELESS! I have had to call different friends and family to help watch kids and do various things for us and they have all agreed and I know I couldnt have done all this so far without you!

5. Prayers are answered every day! This I know for sure!

6. As bad as these issues are(to me anyways) I am so greatful to have these issues and not some worse ones that we could have.

I am so greatful for my babies even though we have had issues with them. I know that compared to some that these issues are a walk in the park and I truly admire them for surving.

Anyways, sorry for this kinda lame post but I just felt like I needed to get some things off my chest and decompress a bit

2 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

Sometimes it is good to vent and it seems you really needed to. You are definitely one tough cookie! Keep up the awesomeness Supermom! :)

Becca said...

Wow, what a crazy mommy you must be! It's so hard on everyone when your kiddos are sick. You must be wiped! Poor little Emma...breathing stuff scares the crap out of me. Hang in there, okay?